Applications in AppScale can be
- unknown: AppScale know nothing yet about this application
- upload: application has been uploaded, or is in the process of been uploaded. This is the first step: user called a deploy on an application.
- error: the application didn't get uploaded, the code has issues (it is not been recognized as an App Engine application), or otherwise other error to run the app
- running: the application is enabled and running on at least 1 appserver
- enabled: the application is enabled
- disabled: the application was uploaded and possibly ran at a certain point in time, it is not running now, but we still have metadata associated with it
- cleared: application has been fully deleted, so we have no more recollection of it. This may be the same of unknown with the practical side effect that there may be something (like logs) still in the system referring to the app.
Atomic Datastore Operations